Well the day finally arrived, Abbi got braces. I'm not sure what was worse the anxiety of going to the orthodontist, or the fact that her appointment was during her swimming lesson time. She did very well however. It's not like getting braces is the funnest thing for an eight year to do. Remembering how sore my mouth was when I got braces, I took precautionary measures and gave her Ibuprofen before we even went in, and then of course continued it throughout the day. Nowadays they have those great colored elastics that they didn't have when I was young. She chose her favorite color green, and then pink to go with it. Other than the fact that she very strongly disliked the mouth stretchers (as you will see there is not a picture to document that part of the application, which pretty much yes they are on the majority of the time) it went quite well. She will have this set of braces on for probably about 9 months and then yes another set in a few years from now. By the end of the night she was smiling and getting used to them. Way to go Abbi, I'm proud of you!
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Good Job Abbi! You look darling! I love your braces and 9 months is nothing compared to 5 years! Good job Amy on the great blog! I was just about to log off when I thought I'd check yours one more time! You are already a pro! It's fun, don't ya think! Love, Jolie
LOVE the blog!!! Welcome to the world of blogging! Now I can finally see pictures of you guys.
-Abbi you look great!! Way to go.
It's fun to see your blog. But we get to see the real thing which is more fun. Hope it gets easier to post. Dad is working on it so we can post on our blog. Oh ya, you see the real thing too! Love Mom & Dad.
Cute Abbi. You looked so cute with your braces. You are beautiful!!
Post a Comment