Sunday, October 12, 2008

Betty Crocker here I come!

A little over one week ago I had a cousin give me a new bread recipe. Let me just say I love this recipe, for the pure fact that it only takes one hour from start to finish! How great is that! I have never been one to make a lot of homemade bread but in the last week I have made bread four times! That is fourteen loaves of bread, dough for one pizza, and a batch of sweet rolls. Yes that is carb overload. I've decided I can save some money by making homemade bread...I guess we'll see how long this lasts.




Tonight I tried the recipe substituting half the white flour for wheat flour. It turned out great. Who knows how much healthier it really is, but we can pretend! Side note, Ellie calls this "mommy bread" and the kids all love it so if anyone wants the recipe just let me know.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Amy-I totally need the recipe. My idea of homemade bread is Rhodes and we don't even like it. Please share! How's the drive to Kaysville everyday going? I hope your house will be done faster than Tyler's, really I do!

Garrett Family said...

Pass along the recipe please! I'm always up for some yummy warm bread!