Friday night Nathan and Kaden had a fathers and sons outing so the girls and I had a GNO. This couldn't have come at a better time. Last week was not what you would call the easiest for Abbi and I. Honestly there are times when I just don't know if the two of us are going to make it. She just wears me out! If it's not having a problem with getting out of bed in the morning (and that is a big one) it is getting dressed, or brushing teeth, or getting hair done, or doing homework, or helping with chores, or getting along with her brother, or reading, or going to bed etc.
OK so I know I sound like the worlds meanest mom, throwing her kid under the bus, how could you say such things. But seriously can't things just ever be a little more pleasant around here? I truly love Abbi more than I can even express. She has always had this rock hard stubborn little personality that I know she has been blessed with. She has had to endure more than one child should have to in her little lifetime and we are so blessed to have this miracle in our family. She is a beautiful strong spirited little thing that I know will go far, but for now we just work on making it through each day at a time.
Anyways, Friday was such a great night for the girls and I. I was reminded just how lucky I am to have them and it's the little things we can do together that make such a difference. We started out by going to Abbi's school playground. She wanted to show me the tricks she can do on the monkey bars. We then went to McDonald's for dinner (the girls choice), then we went home and made cookies, popped popcorn and watched movies on the family room floor. At about 11:00 we got ready for bed and went to my room to watch another movie where we all ended up sleeping in my bed for our slumber party.
What a great night. I love my girls and really needed this to help put things back into perspective. (Prayers on my behalf in hopes that I don't completely loose it are always welcomed of course!)
OK so I know I sound like the worlds meanest mom, throwing her kid under the bus, how could you say such things. But seriously can't things just ever be a little more pleasant around here? I truly love Abbi more than I can even express. She has always had this rock hard stubborn little personality that I know she has been blessed with. She has had to endure more than one child should have to in her little lifetime and we are so blessed to have this miracle in our family. She is a beautiful strong spirited little thing that I know will go far, but for now we just work on making it through each day at a time.
Anyways, Friday was such a great night for the girls and I. I was reminded just how lucky I am to have them and it's the little things we can do together that make such a difference. We started out by going to Abbi's school playground. She wanted to show me the tricks she can do on the monkey bars. We then went to McDonald's for dinner (the girls choice), then we went home and made cookies, popped popcorn and watched movies on the family room floor. At about 11:00 we got ready for bed and went to my room to watch another movie where we all ended up sleeping in my bed for our slumber party.
What a great night. I love my girls and really needed this to help put things back into perspective. (Prayers on my behalf in hopes that I don't completely loose it are always welcomed of course!)



2 comments:
You and your girls are beautiful! I can't believe how old they both look. Where is the time going? It always helps to have that special time with your kids before you absolutely lose it and throw them out. Kids night out helps you remember how much you really do love them more than anything in the world! (Speaking from experience! :)) I love you guys!
I have one of those stubborn children too and believe you me if our relationship survives her childhood we are gonna be in luck. It is the most frustrating thing I have ever dealt with.
It does help to do things with them that doesn't take mom's constant nagging. The stubborn ones can actually be quite great when they don't need to do anything at all and I mean at all.
We need to do lunch or dinner with Sara soon.
Post a Comment