Saturday, October 25, 2008

BOO at the ZOO!


Today was our 2nd annual trip to Boo at the Zoo with the Spencer's. To say the zoo is a little crowded on this day is an understatement, but it's fun and all about having an excuse to dress the kids in their costumes for an extra day. It's also not so much about looking at the animals as it is trick or treating for candy...I mean who really wants to look at animals when there is candy to stand in line for.

We did however have a 10 minute period of time (which seemed like a lifetime) that we lost none other than Kaden. We were about ready to leave standing by the apes house and he decided he needed to see the elephants. Unfortunately he did not tell anyone his plan and got a little lost. This just about sent me over the edge. I must have looked crazy running around screaming his name at the top of my lungs and believe me it was at the top of my lungs, but the moment I felt his little arms around my legs brought instant tears to both of us. All I could do was to hold him hug him and cry with him. (This wouldn't have been so horrible if the zoo wasn't so insanely crowded.) Unfortunately this is not the first time one of my children has escaped me and I'm sure not the last.

Despite our little scare the kids loved it and we all had a great time!

1 comments:

Amanda and Dallin said...

WHAT!! you didn't tell me you lost him! how scary. k- they look so cute, and they are all so fitting.