Sunday, September 7, 2008

Oh to be 3 again!

I don't mean to keep posting blogs on Ellie because I really do love all three of my children equally. However, she has been cracking us up lately. Some may find this first scenario a little disturbing, even Nathan and I were a little perplexed at the make believe play. Ellie has a great love for her baby dolls and she is quite the little mother, the other night she decided she needed to feed her baby. A bottle just wasn't going to cut it this time I guess. She found one of my bras, pulled down her nightgown and put it on. (Nathan cracked a funny joke saying that it fit her nicely, Ha Ha Ha!) She then proceeded to feed her baby at the breast, which she was calling her baby bottles. Obviously she has not picked this up from me, this is probably thanks to her two aunts with babies, (Joee and Jolie) anyhow here's the picture for proof

Aaah! This is the best I can do with this picture, it won't post horizontally.

One more little funny...Ellie is going to be starting dance this Monday. She was trying on her leotards and decided to go outside and play with the kids. Of course she needed shoes so instead of her flip flops or scooters (crocs, don't ask why we call them scooters that's another story) she went straight for her cowboy boots. I know we look like one of those families that lets their kids run around the neighborhood looking like little orphans, well that's because we are, but somehow by the third child the care of what others might think about you just kind of goes away. Anyways she ran outside and of course went next door to dance on the neighbors driveway.

Strike a Pose!

3 comments:

Jolie said...

Ellie! You are so so cute! Nice Bra! Love the boots! Orphans? We know what that's like. It is a third child thing... you just realize it doesn't matter anymore! Katie dresses herself nearly every day and I don't even fight it anymore! Love you guys!

Spencer Five said...

That's an outfit that would make my sister Morgan proud! Just substitute a leopard print leotard and voila you have Morgan ages 3-12!

Robyn said...

Love that her underwear is peeking out of her little outfit! Love that the outfit is finished off by the fabulous cowboy boots! Love that you showed a picture of your bra on the blog! Love that Ellie knows that the bra covers the boob that feeds the baby! I'd love to be a fly on the wall at your house to witness the amazing things you teach your kids!