Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First Official Day of Kindergarten


Today was the day that Kaden finally got to go to school. Last week was a bit of a struggle with him, seeing as how Abbi started school and he didn't. Each day he woke up wanting to dress in his new school clothes and head off to school with her. We had the same conversation with him explaining that the Kindergarten kids were lucky and didn't start school until one week later, he just didn't quite see it that way.

To say Kaden was excited to start school is a bit of an understatement. As I drove in front of the school this afternoon (I had not pulled into the parking lot yet) Kaden quickly unbuckled his seat belt and told me he was ready to get out of the car. We then pulled into the parking lot and before I parked the car he said "I'll see you mom". What a change from his older sibling! I am so happy that he likes school and is excited to go, however I guess that selfish side of me still wants the hug and I'll miss you mom, and I love you mom. I have to say however, it is much easier not having to pry your child's arms off of your body in hopes that they will be fine as you quickly slip out of the classroom.

As he lined up with his class he turned and gave me a giant hug and told me he loved me. Yeah!!! He isn't too cool for that yet. He is still my lovable little guy!

0 comments: