Since the time Nathan and I have been married, we have always gone to Park City over Labor Day. We even had to make the trip during the years we were in Las Vegas. I must admit the trip has been strongly inspired by Swiss Days in Midway falling on this same exact weekend. (Go figure!) Typically we spend Saturday at Swiss Days along with the rest of the women in Utah who are crazy enough to fight the crowds. This year we went Friday afternoon instead. This was a very good idea for us. It was much less crowded and not quite as hot. We walked around for a couple of hours and even though there were countless booths with really cute things, I didn't buy anything. I think that is a first. (It would probably help if I had a house though.) We did of course make a purchase for the kids. They found some capes that they just couldn't live without. As if we need anymore capes!!! They did however where them practically the whole weekend.
Saturday we spent the first half of the day on Main Street. There was a Mustang car show lining the entire length of the street. This made our walk up and down the street quite entertaining. The kids loved looking at the old and new cars, it's amazing the work and money that people put into these things. Of course we made it back to the condo in time for the kick off of the U game. We watched the game, and the kids rode their scooters (which were great items to take along), watched a movie and took naps. After the game it was off to Baja Cantina continuing on with tradition. This is always my birthday dinner spot, even if it's a few days late.
Sunday, was a day when the sabbath was not kept. Do not read this part if you do not want to read about the Morris' sabbath breaking vacation day! We started out at the swimming pool and then continued on to riding the Alpine Coaster. This is quite the ride. The kids loved it, even little Ellie who had no fear. Later that day it started raining and didn't stop for the entire night. It was great to hang out in the condo, relax and watch a movie with the kids.
Monday we requested a late check out and relaxed and hung out all morning. Gotta remember this for next year.
What a great weekend! Can't wait for next year!!!



1 comments:
I can't believe you bought nothing! :) Friday night is definetly the night to go! Sounds like you had a great time. I bet it was nice to be with your little family all weekend doing so many fun things. I miss you guys. I feel like we haven't gotten together for the longest time. This better not be signs of things to come when you move to your new house! We need to plan something fun together when you are all not busing traveling the freeway between here and there! :)
Post a Comment