I guess we are pretty lucky that Kaden has made it this far without stitches! (Seeing as how this is the boy that has knocked out his two front teeth.) Today however, we put an end to that record.
The day started out about like the rest of our summer days, the kids were playing and I was trying to figure out what we were going to do for the day. Kaden was in his room and I was on the phone in the room next to his. He got up and ran out of his room and as he did this I heard a loud pop sound and instant screaming. He had hit his head on the little metal piece on the door frame that the door handle closes into. I realized that the pop sound was actually his head splitting open! (Sorry I know that's gross.) It was like I couldn't move fast enough...head wounds bleed very fast! There was no question that he was going to need stitches. I quickly called the doctor to see if I could bring him in and while I was on the phone of course he was crying and very upset. He kept saying "I don't want to die, I don't want to die". OK if that doesn't just break your heart. I wasn't sure if he was more afraid of going to the doctor to have stitches or if it was the pain getting to him. I got him to the doctors and they got him all stitched up. Thank goodness for living close to the doctor's office. He was such a trooper! I was actually surprised at how well he did. He didn't move a muscle the entire time he was getting the stitches. By the end of the day he was even helping me clean around his cut and reapply new band aids.
Way to be tough bud! I love you!!!
Friday, August 15, 2008
OUCH!!!
Posted by The Morris Family at 11:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment