Monday, August 25, 2008

Back to school we go!


Today was the first day of school! Wow how fast did the summer go. Too fast! Abbi is in 3rd grade and Kaden is starting Kindergarten. They started school at our new elementary where we will be living. (I think we will be happy with this school.)Technically it was only Abbi's first day of school because Kaden just had a back to school meeting with his teacher. But he was so excited to go we had to get him dressed up in his new clothes and take pictures of him too. Abbi on the other hand was a little nervous to start and not too excited! We all took her to school this morning and even Nathan came along for the fun. It definitely helped that he was there.
Surprisingly at the end of the day when I picked her up, she was actually in a good mood and had enjoyed her first day of school at her new school. (Little story) Amanda has a niece (Dallin's brother's little girl) who is in Abbi's class. These girls have met maybe once or twice before. Today at recess Jordyn asked Abbi if she wanted to play with her and they played together at both recesses and sat by each other at lunch. What a relief for me knowing that she had someone to play with. Hopefully it will just get better.

2 comments:

Jolie said...

Amy! I missed you! It is so fun to see your kids off to school. I kept thinking about you today and wanted to call and see how that went with the drive and all. I'm glad Abbi had a good day! Will you be up at Swiss Days this weekend? Can't wait!

Amanda and Dallin said...

they look so dang cute. and big!
oh my gosh that is a huge cut on kadens head. i hope it heals ok.